IES Non-Life Main Functionalities
• *also called General Business or Short-Term Insurance.
The various functionalities are as follows:
2. Marketers, underwriters, agencies, and the online quote system can access the quotation functions for quotes.
3. Clients and potential clients can access the online quote system. This is in real-time and online. The information they supply can be processed real time by specified process owners.
1. Proposals can be uploaded, stored, and referenced on demand.
2. New proposals can be made from copies of existing ones.
3. The status of a proposal is monitored by the system and only accepted ones can be transferred to policies.
1. Policyholderâ€™s details can be entered or transferred from a quotation record.
2. Policy classifications, location, renewal details and other information can be entered.
3. Policies can be grouped together (as in Industrial All risk) for the purpose of group and document processing.
4. Schedule items details can be entered or transferred from the quotation record. Premium is calculated based on the default or specified rate class.
5. Discounts and extensions can be applied per schedule item or at the policy level.
6. Premium may be prorated at the schedule level.
7. Policy documents and certificates can be designed and set-up against each class of business, such that once a policy is maintained, the certificate and policy document can be generated instantly.
8. Debit/Credit notes can be generated and sent by email to clients or agencies instantly or may be printed for normal post delivery.
9. The system can be configured to automatically send renewal notices to agencies/clients at specific intervals and lapse unpaid for policies after a given period.
1. The system allows for the maintenance of co-insurance details on policies, based on the amount/ proportion being insured by each participant.
2. The leader is tracked and overriding commission details are generated in relation to the leader and participants for each premium posting.
1. The re-insurance interface is part of the systems risk management facilities. Arrangements based on proportional and non-proportion treaties, pools, and mandatory cases can be set up for each class of business.
2. The set-up is used by the system at the policy maintenance level to assess the current exposure of the company per policy, and to indicate if facultative arrangement will be required due to over-exposure.
3. At the end of each day the system can highlight the exposure situation of the company per policy or class.
1. The claims register accepts details of claims, retrieving most of the details from the policy record, and highlighting excess issues and limits of exposure.
2. Claims may be reported real-time, online, and related images uploaded by clients or agencies.
3. Claims processing is broken into phases based on the class of business. The status of each phase (e.g. documentation, assessment, reserve, approval, payment, etc.) can be tracked and monitored by even agencies and clients.
4. Requisitions can be raised on approved claims.
5. Discharge vouchers can be maintained and printed automatically.